The first time I’ve tried monoprinting in the field. Rolling up a perspex block with relief ink (rolled out on a separate ‘reservoir block’). Then scraping/incising into the surface with dowel for lines and metal scrapers made from mount cutter blades and bits of old visa cards. On some I started to work back positively with brush drawing.
I briefly tried the more schoolroom approach of hinging the printing paper onto the inked block and drawing on the back.
and made one card print cut directly using scissors to see how that felt.
There was something about the first approach that was telling me new things… able to carve out blocks of space very quickly … or carve out the breasts of the guillemots to hang linear drawing on. Something different to drawing with a dark line on a white page.